These cauliflower cheese buns are both very low in carbs and very satiating making them the perfect companion for soup or other light dishes. You can also eat them for breakfast or afternoon snack with butter and cheese.
You can use your favorite cheese in this recipe. Watch out for store bought grated cheese as it often contains potato starch. I live with a bunch of severe cheese lovers and we always have many different kinds of cheeses in the fridge. I used different leftovers and mixed them together and that worked just fine and I got rid of all the leftovers taking up space in my fridge. Win-win!
So let’s get to it!
This recipe contains affiliatelinks.
- 230 g cheese
- 230 g cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 30g Pofiber or 3 tablespoons psyllium husks
- poppy seeds or sesame seeds (optional)
2. Grate cheese and cauliflower in your foodprocessor.
3. Mix together in a large bowl and add eggs and Pofiber/psyllium husks. Mix well together.
4. Form little buns with your hands and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Top with poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
5. Bake in oven for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool before you serve them.
Store in the fridge or in the freezer.