Bread baked without any grains and gluten will never be like the French baguettes I ate when I was in my 20’s living in Paris. For a long time, I was disappointed and felt it was quite the loss. I experimented a lot in the kitchen trying to come up with bread recipes that could compete with the french breads but I never really came close. After a while I enjoyed not having stomach cramps or bloated stomach everyday and suddenly that seemed more important to me than eating the bread, I knew and loved. I continued baking but I stopped comparing my new breads to the gluten-filled versions of my past. And I actually think I came up with some pretty decent recipes. Like this one.
This recipe is my go to recipe when I want a bread suitable for breakfast or for making French toast which I love.
This recipe contains affiliate links.
1 FRENCH BREAD
- 6 eggs
- 150 g full fat cream cheese
- 100 g butter, melted
- 35 g Sukrin Organic Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons Fat-Reduced Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons Psyllium Husks
- 1/5 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds for topping
2. Mix all dry ingredients and whisk into the beaten egg-mix till you have a somewhat even dough. Allow the dough to sit for 10 minutes while the fibres do their job.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
4. Pour the dough into a bread pan covered with parchment paper on the inside. Even the dough with a spatula (dip it in cold water if necessary) and drizzle the bread with sesame seeds.
5. Bake for approx. 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Take the bread out of the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Enjoy with butter, jam or used for French toast for a luxury breakfast.
Products used in this recipe: