Seeing people’s faces when you tell them about the egg-latte is priceless! We have disgust, loathing and curiosity. And I understand completely. A latte made with raw egg does not sound appetizing at all. I was more than 2 years into my LCHF lifestyle before I gave it a try, and my first reaction was: Why did I wait this long??
The egg latte is your way to a carb free creamy latte. Yes, the bullet proof coffee is nice for sure but when adding an egg to it, you get the foam and creamy texture of a real latte. And it doesn’t taste of egg at all!
Anyway, if you haven’t tried it already, you absolutely must. You can vary the fat content to whether you have it as a meal replacement, with you meal or as a snack in between.
- 1 egg (preferably free range or organic)
- 1 cup of strong coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil (affiliate link)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- some ground cinnamon, vanilla powder, cardamom, cacao etc.
- Optional sweetener: e.g. 1 tsp Sukrin Gold (affiliate link)
2. Warm up the blender jar by filling it with hot water and leave it for a couple of minutes.
3. Empty the jar and put in coconut oil, butter, egg and your choice of spices and sweetener.
4. Pour in the hot coffee and blend till you have the most perfect foamy latte.
5. Pour in a glass and drink immediately. Stir with a spoon if it starts to separate.
Products used in this recipe: