This post is also available in: Danish
It’s time to resurrect the good ole fried eggs toast because it’s so delicious, filling and easy to make. When you try this recipe, you find out that it’s really not the bread that brings the good taste to the classic ham and cheese toasted sandwich. But by replacing the bread with fried eggs, not only do you get a much more nutritious meal, but it’s actually tastier too and it’ll keep you blood sugar stable and you energy high for hours!
SERVES 1 PERSON
- 2 eggs
- 1 good slice of cheese (emmental is a good choice)
- 2 slices of ham
- 1 dash of dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- butter or coconut oil for frying
HERE’S HOW IT’S DONE:
2. Flip the fried eggs upside down and heat them on the other sider. Now flip them back.
3. Place one slice of ham on each egg and one slice of cheese on one of them. Carefully lift one fried egg and place it on top of the other so you have the ham and cheese in the middel. Now cook the toast on both sides.
4. If the cheese doesn’t melt, put a lid over your skillet and set the temperature on low. Keep it there for 4-5 minutes and see if that doesn’t do the job!
Serve with a good cup of coffee. My favorite coffee is a double shot nespresso with heavy cream and vanilla powder. It’s such a treat!