There are many ways to make hot cocoa LCHF-style. You can make the egg latte with boiling water and cacao powder instead of coffee or you can make hot chocolate with heavy cream and water. Many options.
My favorite however, is a little different. First, it’s dairyfree, well, apart from butter which most people tolerate well, in my experience. It’s also made in a large portion and kept in a bottle in the fridge. I have a Nespresso milk steamer and I warm up my cacao drink directly from the fridge and I get the nicest drink with heavy froth. Liking it!!
I don’t believe in replacing real food with drinks full of butter but I do believe in finding better alternatives for the things you miss or crave.
This recipe contains affiliate links.
1 BOTTLE – ABOUT 0,7 L
- 1 can of coconut milk (use only the cream)
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon1 Sukrin Gold
- 4-5 drops of Sweet Drops (Vanilla Créme) (or other liquid stevia)
- 0,5 tsp vanillla powder
- 1 dash of salt
- 0,5-0,7 l boiling water
HERE’S HOW IT’S DONE
2. Pour coconut cream, butter, cacao powder, sweetener, vanilla powder and salt in a large measuring jug. Pour over boiling water and blend with your immersion blender. Taste it to see if you need a little extra sweetener.
3. Pour the cacao drink in glass bottles and leave to cool without the lid on. When cooled, put the lid on and store in the fridge.