This post is also available in: Danish
This weekend, Vega had a friend over. Around lunch time, they came into the kitchen and said they were hungry and started making their lunch (rye bread with liver paté – a classic Danish lunch). Meanwhile, I made salmon rolls for me. The look on the girls’ faces when I sat down with my lunch was just priceless! They were so jealous and suddenly their rye bread looked grey and boring. So I ended up sharing my salmon rolls with them. It seemed like the right thing to do. Then Søren came home and he wanted some too so suddenly, I only had a few bites for myself! Next time, I’ll make sure to make a double or triple portion!
But really, these salmon rolls are delicious! And they’re easy to make and I’m sure you already have most of the ingredients in your house. Maybe apart from the horseradish. I love the combination of horseradish, cream cheese and salmon. Heck, I love horseradish with pretty much anything!
SERVES 1 PERSON
- 100g smoked salmon
- ½ large avocado
- 10 cm / 4 inch piece of cucumber
- 40g cream cheese (full fat)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
- sesame seeds for topping
HERE’S HOW EASY IT IS:
2. Cut the avocado and cucumber in thin slices.
3. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish and mix well together.
4. Spread cream cheese on salmon slices and place avocado and cucumber on top. Carefully, roll the salmon so it closes in the bottom.
5. Cut sushi-slices with a sharp knife and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.