This is a great example of how the side dish plays the starring role of the meal. Even though we had some oven baked salmon as well, there was no doubt that this healthy and colorful side dish was the most delicious part of the plate.
If I were to serve this for lunch, I would have just thrown in an extra handful of cashew nuts, left out the salmon and made it a meat free meal.
I used my julienne peeler for making the veggie noodles. You can also use a spiralizer or a carrot peeler but really, the julienne is my preferred method. If you don’t have one, consider buying one. They cost close to nothing and they don’t take up any space in the cupboards.
This recipe contains affiliate links.
SERVES 2 – AS A SIDE DISH
- 1 zucchini
- 2 large carrots
- 0,5 bell pepper
- the stalk from 1 head of broccoli + 2-3 large florets
- 1 red chili (or half if you don’t want it as spicy)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons of Tamari (glutenfree soya sauce)
- 1-2 tablespoons odourless Coconut Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or peanut oil (optional)
- 1 handful unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 1 lime
- Julienne Peeler to make the noodles
2. Make thin slices/noodles of zucchini, carrot and broccoli stalk using your julienne peeler. Cut the bell pepper in thin slices with a sharp knife and chop broccoli florets roughly.
3. Halve the chili, remove the stalks and and seeds and chop finely.
4. Heat up coconut oil in a large frying pan and fry garlic and chili. Add all the vegetables and stir fry the whole thing. Add sesame oil, tamari and the juice of 0,5 lime. Stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
5. Place the noodle salad in a large serving bowl. Chop coriander leaves roughly and mix in the salad. Drizzle cashew nuts on top and serve the other half lime on the side.
Products used in this recipe: