While were waiting for summer here in Copenhagen, I thought I’d share an ice cream recipe with you. These popsicles are in my freezer as we speak and they’re popular with both the kids and myself.
I like them for two reasons: 1) They’re dairy free and even though I do enjoy dairy in my diet, I also enjoy reducing my dairy intake. I call that being “dairy conscious”. 2) They contain very little sweetener. If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you know I always try to use as little added sweetener as possible.
So these popsicles are almost healthy. If you prefer a healthified chocolate ice cream, I have a great recipe, I’ll share with you in a couple of days!
This recipe contains affiliate links.
MAKES 16 MINI-POPSICLES
- 400 ml coconut milk (1,7 cups/14 oz)
- 5 drops Sweetleaf Liquid Stevia (vanilla) *
- zest and juice from 0,5 organic lemon
- mixed fruit – I used blackberries, strawberries and banana)
* or sweetener of your choice
HERE’S HOW IT’S DONE
2. Cut the fruit into thin slices and place them in your popsicle molds. Pour over the coconut mixture and put in the freezer. Leave in the freezer for at least 5-6 hours or until the next day.
3. Take them out and serve them for the kids (and yourself!)