Saturday, we’ll be going to Søren’s best friend’s birthday. We bought him a nice gift and all but I always like to bring something homemade too. It makes me so happy when I feel that people have actually spent time or thought to come up with something personal, like last time we had a party and Søren’s friend suddenly made an award show with fake Oscar statuettes and I won for best TV-performance – haha! It was just so unexpected and fun! Since I’m not a creative soul, I always end up making something edible. That’s part of being a cookbook author, I guess. This time, I chose my tamari roasted almonds. I always serve them for appetizer when we’re having friends over for dinner party so I know already that the birthday boy (well, man really!) loves them.
Together with the delicious salted almonds, tamari roasted almonds are a big hit around our house. And they’re so friggin easy to make! I spice them up with some ground cumin, cayenne and rosemary and add a little sweet taste from coconut palm sugar. Give them a try sometime and let my know what you think!
This recipe contains affiliate links.
1 LARGE GLASS
- 600g almonds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 0,5 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 0,4 cup/3,5 oz/1 dl Tamari (gluten free soya)
- 2 tsp of Coconut Palm Sugar (optional)
HERE’S HOW EASY IT IS
2. Pour olive oil on a large frying pan and toss almonds in the oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, cumin, cayenne and coconut palm sugar.
3. Pour tamari over the almonds and stir until tamari has vaporized.
4. Place the tamari roasted almonds on a baking plate covered with baking paper and let them dry in the oven for about 20 minutes. Take them out and allow them to cool down. Store them in a airtight glass container for weeks.
Products used in this recipe: