This post is also available in: Danish
We do most of our grocery shopping online and when the delivery guy brings one bag after the other loaded with vegetables, I sometimes think that we’ll never get through that amount of veggies. But within 3-4 days, the fridge looks empty again.
It’s such a shame that low carb/LCHF has as reputation for being a diet where you don’t eat vegetables. Personally, I’ve never eaten so many vegetables before in my life. I see even folks doing ketogenic diets (very low carb diets) and they often eat lots of leafy greens too. Not many people thrive on a diet with no vegetables. At least not in the long term.
Or maybe, that’t not entirely true because I have had periods in my life where I couldn’t stand eating vegetables. Those were the periods where I ate a lot of sugar and crap. When your taste buds are adjusted to the synthetic sweet taste, real food like vegetables taste bad. So if someone tells me they don’t like vegetables, I always ask them if they eat a lot of sugar. And that goes for kids too, by the way.
SALAD WITH HOT SMOKED SALMON AND COLD CAULIFLOWER BEARNAISE
Just the other day, I made this delicious salad for lunch. It was really quite simple but what made it unforgettable was the cold cauliflower bearnaise that I tossed on top. So good! So remember to save leftovers the next time you make cauliflower bearnaise for dinner.
SERVES 1 PERSON
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 handfuld rocket salad
- 120g hot smoked salmon
- 1/2 avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons of cauliflower bearnaise
- pea sprouts and watercress (or whatever herb you have available)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
2. In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the dressing and mix well. Toss the dressing in the salad.
3. Cut or shred the salmon with a fork and place it on top of the salad.
4. Halve the avocado and cut the meat into little pieces. Place on top of salad too.
5. Add a good spoonful or two or your cold cauliflower bearnaise and sprinkle with pea sprouts and watercress.
6. Eat and be happy!