This post is also available in: Danish
Yesterday, I had my first day back at work after the holiday. In my case “at work” means “alone in the house” since my house is my office too. And even though I did enjoy the silence after five weeks of having kids talking to me constantly or running in and out of the house with all their friends, it did seem kind of empty without them that first day.
So I decided to treat myself to a delicious lunch. Lunch is usually my hardest meal of the day and I rarely make anything worth mentioning but yesterday I made these really delicious wraps. I used a big leaf from a pointed cabbage for wrap and just the whole part of rolling my lunch into this delicious wrap made it seem more special. Yes, I’m like a child sometimes!
SERVES 1 PERSON
- 1 chicken breast, cooked (I used leftover from the night before)
- odourless coconut oil for frying
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 apple, diced
- 1 smal handful of walnuts, chopped
- some rocket salad
- 1 large leaf of pointed cabbage
- 1 tablespoon of the Sunshine Sauce
2. Heat up coconut oil in a skillet and stir fry the shredded carrot. Add apple, walnuts and chicken and stir fry for a about 5 minutes.
3. Toss in rocket salad and turn off heat.
4. Place the cabbage leaf flat on a plate and spread the Sunshine sauce in a line down the middle. Place the chicken-carrot-mix on top and roll. Cut the roll in two halves with a sharp knife. Consider using toothpicks to keep your rolls together.
Sometimes I don’t understand my own fascination for food rolled into wraps. They are often completely impossible to eat without having the filling all over the place! If your patience is not set for a messy lunch, simply shred the pointed cabbage instead and serve the chicken-carrot-mix on top. Same good taste, less mess!