We’re all about veggie fries at my place. We all love the green bean fries and the broccoli fries and the minute Fall starts, we eat hokkaido fries. Hokkaido fries have the same sweetness as sweet potato fries (which we love too) and I love having them with a nice and spicy dip, like perhaps a mayo-dip with smoked paprika! Favorite side dish!
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin
- olive oil or melted butter
- optional: cumin, chili powder or cinnamon
2. Cut the hokkaido pumpkin in two halves and remove the seeds in the middle with a spoon.
3. Use a sharp knife to cut thin slices of the meat. Leave on the peel (if your hokkaido is organic). It get’s all soft in the oven.
4. Toss the slices in olive oil or melted butter, sprinkle with plenty of salt and the spice of your choice and bake them in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
We had fried plaice filet with sesame seeds. That was a really nice dinner!