Whenever I have some leftover melted chocolate, I make these lazy Snickers bites. I realize that the term “leftover chocolate” is something of an oxymoron. I mean, who has leftover chocolate… ever?
Okay, so forget about “leftover” and let’s just melt chocolate to make these. They taste a lot like a traditional Snickers. Or maybe they don’t. Admitted, I haven’t had a real Snickers in years so maybe you shouldn’t take my word for it. But they are divine! I could just die for the combination of the sweet and bitter chocolate and the salty peanuts!
Make sure you share them with someone. If you’re anything like me you’ll have a hard time not eating the whole portion in one sitting. That’s how good they are! Just sayin’! 😉
- 200g dark chocolate (70-85%)
- 1-2 tsp odourless coconut oil
- 1-2 handfuls of salty peanuts
2. Cover a baking dish with parchment paper and spread out the peanuts. Pour over the melted chocolate and mess it around a bit so the chocolate spreads evenly on the peanuts.
3. Place the baking dish in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
4. Cut or break rustic bites off the chocolate bark and serve.
On the photo below, we were having a little chocolate party. Apart from the Snickers bites, we had chocolate covered homemade marcipan (recipe coming up) and frozen banana bites covered in chocolate and desiccated coconut.