Many people ask if it’s possible to eat a vegetarian LCHF-diet and my answer is yes, absolutely! I eat several meals every week without any meat. Like these zucchini pizzas and also like the delicious green fresh spring rolls I made the other day.
Making a zucchini pizza crust is as easy as making the popular cauliflower crust but basically you can use almost any type of vegetable you’ve got. I’ve successfully made veggie pizza crust with broccoli and celeriac (“rootza”) and I’ve also combined different types of vegetables. Using veggies for pizza crust is a great way to use leftover veggies and also a great way to sneak more veggies into your diet.
Since zucchini is a bit more wet than cauliflower and broccoli, it’s even more important that you don’t skip the step with draining the water from it. The more water you drain from it, the better the pizza!
Lunch is by far my most difficult meal of the day. I don’t like interrupting work to start cooking but if I have veggie breads, like these ones or like the ones with cauliflower and broccoli in the fridge, I can easily make a sandwich in less than 5 minutes.
Avocado and feta cheese is a delicious combination so if you haven’t tried that yet, please do!
MAKES 8 – SERVES 2 PERSONS
- 2 zucchini (500g)
- 1 large egg
- 50g of parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium husks
- 1 tsp of salt
- tomato sauce
- 1 avocado
- 100g feta cheese
- optional: raw marinated red onions
- parsley or any other fresh herb
2. Mix with all other ingredients.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C (fan).
4. Lay out a piece of parchment paper on two baking plates and make 8 little mini pizzas using your hands. Make them as round as possible.
5. Bake the zucchini pizzas in the oven for about 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Take out and allow to cool. Use a spatula to lift them from the parchment paper and let them cool completely.
6. Put your oven on grill. Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza and crumble the feta on top. Bake in the middle of the oven for 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn! Take out and allow to cool.
7. Top with avocado slices and marinated red onions and sprinkle some fresh herbs on top. Eat and feel happy!