Ever since I had these cheese waffles for lunch yesterday, I’ve been looking forward to sharing the recipe with you. Salty waffles are great for making wraps or waffle pizzas or even waffle hotdogs and since they taste great cold, they are perfect in the kids'(or your own) lunch box as well.
Today, we woke up to snow in Copenhagen. We don’t get snow that often so it’s always a bit special to see the landscape turning all white. For us who were in Zanzibar just a few weeks ago, it feels a bit brutal to be caught off guard in the middle of winter like this. I spend most of my day indoors though. January is one of the busiest months of the year in my little business, both blogging wise but also because we’re in the proces of editing my new book that will come out in April. My first book was just released in Norway which is quite exciting. I hope they’ll like it up there!
Okay, now back to the waffles and this delicious meal.
MAKES 4 CHEESE WAFFLES
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) of full fat sour cream
- 50g of shredded cheese (cheddar, parmesan, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of dried potato fibres (or psyllium husks)
- a bit of salt
2. Stir in the shredded cheese.
3. Preheat your waffle maker and bake your waffles. Make sure you get cheese in every waffle you bake. The cheese sort of sink to the bottom so you may have to dig after it.
I topped my waffle with spinach, hot smoked salmon and avocado and added a bit extra sour cream on top. The combination of salmon, avocado and sour cream is divine!