Using avocados for chocolate mousse is a well known trick. Most recipes I’ve seen and tried have either banana or dates in them and this time I wanted to make a lower carb version without these two components. And that worked out fine!
I’m very conscious about not wasting food! Or at least minimizing food waste. Food waste is such a global tragedy. We waste over 1 billion tons of food every year and it has a huge impact on the environment. Not to mention the paradox that while we waste food, other people are still starving on this planet.
SERVES 2 PERSONS
This recipe contains affiliate links.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 0,5 cup (100 ml) coconut milk (I used mostly the coconut cream)
- 1,5 tablepoon of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of creamy sugar-free peanut butter
- 1,5 tablespoon of Sukrin Gold (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla powder
- some peanut butter and cacao nibs for topping
2. Place the rest of the ingredients in the blender glass with the avocado and blend until you have a creamy mousse.
3. Pour the mix into two serving glasses and decorate with some peanut butter and cacao nibs on top. Consider leaving the chocolate mousse to cool in the fridge before serving if your avocados and coconut milk were room temperature to begin with.
WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A “REAL” CHOCOLATE MOUSSE? TRY THIS ONE:
Chocolate mousse – only 2 ingredients!