This morning we started our day with something as rare as a breakfast consisting of bread, butter, cheese and jam. Okay, so the bread rolls were green and contained spinach so maybe it wasn’t all too traditional but I’m telling you, these are my best grain-free, gluten-free, low carb bread rolls to date!
And if you start making them now, you’ll have them ready in 30 minutes! Including cleaning the kitchen! That’s how fast and easy they are to make! I made them yesterday but you could actually make them on a weekend morning.
Check out this lovely breakfast serving. Doesn’t it make you happy just looking at it?
Recipe for chia pudding here: Chia pudding with coconut milk and vanilla
If you don’t want your bread rolls to be green, you can leave out the spinach.
Spinach or not, I’m planning to make a large portion of these to keep in the freezer this weekend. Even the kids loved them and they usually aren’t too impressed with “my bread”.
MAKES 5-6 BREAD ROLLS
- 4 eggs
- 150g of cottage cheese
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of Sukrin Gold (adlink)
- 1,5 tsp of cinnamon
- 1,5 tsp of ground cardamom
- 1 handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup (2,5 dl) of Pofiber/dried potato fibres
- some sesame seeds
2. Blend eggs, cottage cheese, melted butter, Sukrin Gold and spices well together. I used my immersion blender. Add spinach and blend again.
3. Add Pofiber and mix the batter well together using a spoon. The batter now instantly turns thick because of all the fibres.
4. Place bread rolls on a baking plate covered with parchment paper, drizzle som sesame seeds on top. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.