These high fat mocha truffles consist mostly of butter. Some people call them ‘fat bombs’ and they are often used by people following a strict low carb high fat ketogenic diet to up the fat intake or to reach their macros for the day.
Since they are made almost entirely of butter, I wouldn’t recommend eating them around the clock. But they are useful if you need some extra energy and don’t have time to eat a proper meal. They are also very efficient at killing a sugar craving, should that occur.
Most people tend to get nauseous if they eat too much fat in one sitting and won’t overeat recipes like this one.
However, some people are triggered by the combination of butter, sweetener and cacao powder and seem to lose these natural breaks around recipes like this one. If you’re one of them, I strongly advice you to skip this type of recipes all together. Though fat is both healthy and necessary on a strict LCHF/keto diet, overeating in fat is still very unhealthy. ‘More is better’ does not go here.
So if you find yourself indulging in too many fat bombs, consider getting your extra scoop of fat from a spoonful of coconut oil in a plain cup of tea. I have yet to meet someone who overindulges in that.
MAKES 15-20 TRUFFLES
- 200g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3-4 tablespoons of very strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablepoons Sukrin Gold (adlink) – or sweetener of your choice
- 0,5 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 0,5 tsp of vanilla powder
2. Make little truffles either using your hands (very greasy) or two teaspoons. Place them on a plate covered with parchment paper and put them in the freezer or fridge. I prefer them frozen.
3. Have one whenever you need an extra scoop of energy or to efficiently kill a sugar craving.
FIND OTHER FAT BOMBS HERE: