What are we serving with the lamb for Easter? Good question that I would love to answer! As you know we had the delicious leg of lamb the other day, and I served it with this crunchy cauliflower salad.
We also had roasted potatoes on the table. I realize that potatoes aren’t low carb but it’s really difficult to serve lamb without roasted potatoes and my kids luuurve their potatoes so… I made the potatoes with garlic and rosemary so they matched the lamb.
The adults (or the low carbers) had the cauliflower salad. I enjoyed having a light side dish to go with the somewhat heavy meat.
SERVES 4 PERSONS
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 200g small tomatoes
- 0,5 cup (1 dl) of cold pressed olive oil
- juice and zest from 1 organic lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped rosemary
- a bit of salt
- 1 handful of rocket salad, finely chopped
- optional: sunflower seed sprouts for garnish (see first photo)
2. Cut the small tomatoes in halves and mix with the chopped cauliflower.
3. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, rosemary and salt and toss it in the salad.
4. Before serving, mix chopped rocket into the salad. Sprinkle sunflower seed sprouts over for garnish.