The sun is out and you know what that means! That means drinking iced coffee on the balcony! Oh yes, my friend. This is how we roll in Copenhagen these days. This is really what we have been waiting for all winter.
Very often iced coffees are packed with sugar, sirups or different taste enhancers so the beverage you end up with has nothing to do with coffee really but is more of a milkshake type dessert.
Well, I like the taste of my coffee and I like the taste of coffee better than the taste of milk, sirups or the like. So my iced coffee tastes of coffee.
It contains very few carbohydrates which makes it suitable for people following a LCHF/keto, low carb or just a sugar-free lifestyle.
SERVES 1 PERSON
- 3/4 cup (2 dl) of strong coffee (I used espresso)
- 1/4 cup (0,5 dl) of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (0,5 dl) of water
- optional: sweetener of your choice, perhaps a few drops of stevia with vanilla flavor
- ice cubes
2. Pour all ingredients in your blender glass and blend until you have a nice and frothy iced coffee. I used my Bamix immersion blender but all kinds of blenders will do the job.
3. Enjoy outside in the sun!