This post is also available in: Danish
This strawberry cake is one of my favorite cake recipes to eat during the summer. It’s always very special when the first Danish strawberries hit the stores and making this cake with them is the perfect sign that summer is finally here.
My kids have started their summer holiday today and we have found ourselves trapped in a major logistic mess this first week. Silas, my son, is at football camp and Vega, my daughter is at dance camp. That’s great, right? He loves to play football and gets to do for 6 hours a day for a five days in a row. She loves dancing ang get to dance for a week. Both camps are at the exact same time – but held two different places in Copenhagen very far apart. So good luck working that one out!
So today I just want to share this delicious cake recipe with you. I hope you get a chance to try it out during the summer.
This recipe contains affiliate links.
SERVES 8-10 PERSONS
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Sukrin Gold
- 1 tsp of almond flavor
- 1/4 cup (0,5 dl) of heavy cream
- 100g of melted butter
- ½ cup (1 dl) of fat reduced almond flour by Sukrin
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of Psyllium husks
- ½ tsp of vanille powder
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 400g of mascarpone
- 100g of sour cream (full fat – In Denmark that means 38%)
- 1 tablespoon of Sukrin Icing sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder
- 3-400g of strawberries
- fresh mint leaves
2. In a bowl, beat eggs and Sukrin Gold. Add cream, almond flavor and melted butter and beat some more.
3. Add all the dry ingredients and mix into the egg mixture. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes or so until it becomes all firm because of all the fibres.
4. Now place the batter in a greased spring form. You can also cut a piece of parchment paper and place in the bottom. That will make it easier to move the cake from the spring form after baking. Even the batter out with a spatula. Dip the spatula in cold water if the batter is too sticky.
5. Now bake the bottom layer in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until it has become golden brown.
6. Take the cake out of the oven. Place roughly chopped chocolate on the warm cake and put it back in the oven for a few minutes until the chocolate has melted. Spread the chocolate out evenly.
7. Move the cake to a big plate and put it in the fridge to cool and for the chocolate to harden.
1. In a bowl, mix mascarpone with sour cream and SukrinMelis and vanilla powder.
2. Wash the strawberries and cut them in thin slices.
3. Spread the vanilla cream on the cooled bottom layer and place the strawberry slices on top. Decorate with some fresh mint leaves before serving.